zaterdag 5 juli 2008

A game of tag for all the Mamas...

Tagged by my friend Jennifer I’m also writing all about myself and my first baby. Funny to think back to my first pregnancy, while I’m in the middle of my second… (or actually, being pregnant from Lara was my second pregnancy, but the first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage after 12 weeks).


1. Were you married at the time? Yes.

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I was happy, but also hardly dared to be happy; through the miscarriage I’d lost my innocence and knew that a positive pregnancy test doesn’t have to result in a healthy baby at the end. But definitely happy to see that “you’re pregnant” sign again!


3. How old were you? 27 when I found out, 28 when I gave birth.

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? We were trying, so at the first day I should’ve got my period I tested (couldn’t wait any longer!).


5. Who did you tell first? Marc of course, then my midwife to get a ultrasound at 10 weeks (with my first pregnancy we found out during that first ultrasound that the baby had died. So we waited with telling until we had a positive ultrasound). With the pictures of the ultrasound we went to my mom and told her. Then the rest of the world followed.


6. Did you want to find out the sex? Nope

7. Due date? November 23rd, 2006

8. Did you deliver early or late? One week late

9. Did you have morning sickness? No. I had all-day sickness from week 6 to week 14. Then everything was awesome!


10. What did you crave? Junkfood; fried food, burgers, potato chips. No chocolate though! (right now it’s almost all the I crave; tons of chocolate pass my mouth!)


11. Who irritated you the most? Can’t remember anyone or anything that annoyed me.

12. What was your first child's sex? Girl (yay!).

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? About 24 pounds; absolutely perfect! Only about 4 pounds stayed on after giving birth to Lara.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? No, everything went according to “the book”.


15. Where did you give birth? At home, in my own bed.

16. How many hours were you in labor? Six and a half.

17. Who drove you to the hospital? No one; fortunately I could stay at home. I climbed my own stairs to my bedroom though…

18. Who watched? Marc, my midwife and her trainee and the nurse that cared for us in the first 8 days.

19. Was it natural or c-section? Natural


20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? No


21. How much did your child weigh? 6 1/2 lbs

22. Did your child have any complications? Nope.

23. What did you name him/her? Lara

24. How old is your first born today? 19 months

I'm now tagging all the other Mama's out there to play along.

Geen opmerkingen:

9 maanden banner
9 maanden banner

Volgers