vrijdag 9 januari 2009

Survival mode

I’m in survival mode. Last week Marc and Lara were sick (flu-kinda symptoms), yesterday Mika started to cough and was feverish. Result; this past week I couldn’t sleep more than 2 hours without having to get up to help one of the kids. It’s kind of a miracle that I’m still standing, without fever, coughs and so on.
Besides that Marc told me during one of those sleep-deprived nights that he has a really hard time with Mika’s crying. Mika isn’t crying a lot, but seems to cry more often en more intense when he’s alone with Marc. I guess it has something to do with Marc’s own mental instability; the little kid feels that his daddy isn’t feeling well and reacts on it. His feeding and day/nighttime schedule is a mess too; we have to change that. But Marc doesn’t seem to be up to doing that on his own and I can’t do much since I’m working most of the time.
I was already frustrated with having to work, while I want to be at home. But with my sick babies and a husband showing post partum depression-signs I’m feeling even more negative about the situation.

Anyway, I have lots of thinking to do to figure this out. Just wanted to write it down to make a start at sorting my thoughts…

1 opmerking:

Unknown zei

Oh, Jacoline, I'm so sorry. It is very tough at first making that transition from one young child to two. I'm so sorry about it all...the sickness, the crying, the scheduling, etc. I pray you make it through this tough time and can get the family in a good place. And especially for rest for you all.

9 maanden banner
9 maanden banner

Volgers