At May 7th it’s been five years ago that Marc and I got married. Last Monday we’d just agreed on going out for dinner and a movie to celebrate it. Until Tuesday morning when I read my friend Jennifer’s blog in which she referred to the upcoming European tour of Third Day (Christian rock band). Her husband David is their drummer. (Check out their website at www.thirdday.com )
I met David (and later Jennifer) when Third Day came to Holland for the first time in 1994 (or was it 1995?). I was involved with a lot of the concerts that where organised after that first, with Third Day. And so got to know the band quite well. Marc also got to know them when they stayed with a mutual friend of ours here in Holland. From 1999 to 2002 I visited David and Jennifer 4 times and we became friends for life. Even though we don’t see each other regularly or even have much contact; they’re close to my heart…
Thanks to weblogs we kind of keep in touch with what’s going on in each others life…
But anyway, back to the upcoming European tour; they play in several countries, but only one full concert. Which is in London at June 3rd. I thought about it for a couple of hours and then came up with the idea of making that our “anniversary-trip”. Yes, a bit bigger and more expensive than “dinner and a movie”, but an opportunity I don’t want to miss. Marc also thought it’s a great idea, so we started organising… In one day we achieved to:
- me getting off from work for 2 days (thanks to my superior!)
- finding my sister very excited about taking care of Lara and Mika for those days
- booking flight tickets, a hotel and concert tickets
We can’t wait!
And today Jennifer emailed me telling she’s trying to come over to London too!!! How fantastic will that be; we haven’t seen each other for 7 years now!
Man, we’re excited…
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)



Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten