zaterdag 5 september 2009

One year with Mika

My son turned 1 today. Going through his photo book lots of memories and feelings popped up. Time to write ‘em down…

Of course I remember his birth; intense and fast! Besides the pain it was just a very good labour. I have good memories about it.
I remember the feeling of deliverance (hence the name “delivery”; I get it now!) and relief when he was born; it was done and I had a boy!

I remember the joyous first week. The nurse who came for a week to help us out was awesome and totally gave me a relaxed first week. I loved every minute of it.
I remember the few nights when Mika slept between us in our bed, because he still had trouble sleeping in his own crib.

I remember the many times when Mika fell asleep on my tummy, clutching me like a little monkey.
I remember his long dark curls and the sweet moves he made when falling asleep in his playpen.


I remember the massages I gave him after his bath and the songs I sang to him during the massages; we both loved it!
I remember the joy of making his first solid baby foods. Since he liked everything and didn’t have cramps I could totally go crazy with recipes; he ate everything with taste!


This boy brings me so much joy; he loves to cuddle. He visually enjoys music and dances to it when he hears it. He’s a brave little boy, but when something is new he seeks shelter by his mommy, from where he’ll observe the new situation, before heading out again. I love it! He looks so familiar to me that looking at him often makes me feel like looking in a mirror. It’s all in his eyes!

Yeah, my baby has grown up to be a toddler. I’m wondering what the future will bring for this special boy of mine…



Geen opmerkingen:

9 maanden banner
9 maanden banner

Volgers