woensdag 24 september 2008

How Mika was born – the short version

Hahaha, as if there’s a long version of this story! NOT! Here it comes:

2.30 pm : I have an appointment at my midwife. Everything is quiet and looks good. We make a new appointment for next week; if nothing is born yet, we’ll see what she can do to induce the labour.

3.30 pm : I’m home again. In the past hour I’ve had an uncomfortable feeling around my waist a few times.

4.00 pm : that “uncomfortable feeling” has turned into contractions that come every 5 minutes. I tell Marc that it has started; this is the real thing!

4.55 pm : I call my mother to pick up Lara. The contractions have become stronger and come every 2 minutes now. Marc calls my midwife to get over to our house.

5.25 pm : I wonder where my midwife stays; I feel the urge to push getting stronger with every contraction. I want to know how far I am from giving birth!

5.40 pm : The midwife Mijke arrives. She gets her stuff ready and measures full dilatation. I can slowly start pushing when having a contraction.

6.00 pm : Mijke breaks my water.

6.07 pm : With the next contraction I push hard and Mika is born!

Ok, that was almost 3 weeks ago. I am still very happy with this fast home-birth. Mika is doing great. He’s really getting into a rhythm now; during the day he gets a feeding every 4 hours, during the night we just wait for him to wake up. Often he gives us a rest for about 5 – 7 hours! Not bad eh? We’re now training him to fall asleep in his own crib. He loves falling asleep on my belly or in my arms, but has a hard time falling asleep on his own in his crib. But it’s getting better every day and I feel that we’re almost there! I’m so proud of him…

Geen opmerkingen:

9 maanden banner
9 maanden banner

Volgers