We’re doing loads of fun stuff with the kids lately. Although I loved them as a little cuddly baby, this stage of being a 2-year old en a toddler is cool too. On Saturday we set up the big inflatable swimmingpool in our backyard; it was a bit too cold for Mika, but Lara loved it. Our neighbourhood kids Britt (4), Thijmen (2) and Jurre (7 months) also came over for a swim and it was just fun! Jurre and Mika sat on the cushions in the shadow and the older kids made fun in the pool… I’m so glad we live in a neighbourhood with many children; it’s so good to see them play together; the older kids play nicely along with the younger ones and take care after each other.
Anyway, yesterday we wanted to go to the swimmingpool in Gouda, but it was a bit cloudy, so we postponed that, probably to today. But we did want to go out anyway, so we went to the Zoo in Rotterdam. Good choice! Mika didn’t get much of the animals, but he just sat quietly and satisfied in the stroller, looking at everything around him. But Lara finally got to see the real deal of elephants, giraffes, monkeys, rhinos, panda’s, zebra’s, penguins, little sharks, lobster, tons of fish and so on. Highly impressed… It’s so awesome to show your kids these kind of joys in life and to give them these simple experiences. We know it leaves memories, because Marc and I are also constantly sharing our memories on these things; “When was the last time I went to a zoo?”, “Did you swim in your backyard when you were a kid?”, “How much warm water did your mother add to the cold in the pool?”, “What trips did you make when you were a child?”… We are trying to give our kids the best memories on these things! So far we’re doing fine I think; going out as a family has so far always been nice, relaxed and fun. The kids don’t whine, aren’t impatient and we can enjoy it all. Marc and I are still amazed about that, but I think we have to start believing in our kids; they’re good, they’re sweet and they aren’t that hard to handle! Love them…
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)



Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten