maandag 21 maart 2011

No taste, no smell

Due to a heavy cold I don’t smell and I don’t taste anything. I mean; nothing, zero, nada, niente! I just cut up a white onion and didn’t smell anything! It’s been for over two days now. Since I don’t sense smell and taste I find myself craving for food/drinks, but since I don’t taste it I think it’s a waste of calories. So I drink water and tea (tastes like hot water) and I eat my meals just to feed my body. I skip all things yummy, since it doesn’t bring me the pleasure of taste. And this brings me all kind of thoughts:

Thoughts:
-I notice how much I eat and drink during a day mostly for the pleasure of tasting it (I don’t think I need it all)
-I notice the different textures of food; it’s all that’s left when you take away the smell and taste of food!
-I’m wondering if a calming scent like lavender still works, even if you don’t actually smell it
-I feel very sorry for people who lack smell and/or taste due to a malfunction of their body. Like forever!
-I am wondering if I will lose some weight during those days; that will be nice!
-Eating and drinking is very boring if you don’t smell and taste it
-I keep finding myself seeing something yummy, wondering if it will taste as good as I think it will. And then I am disappointed for not being able to try it.
-I’m planning out our meals, but then I’m rescheduling, since I seriously want to taste the yummy spaghetti & meatballs. So it’s boring beans & potatoes today.


Hoping for a better day tomorrow!

Geen opmerkingen:

9 maanden banner
9 maanden banner

Volgers