maandag 23 mei 2011

My own birthdaycakes

Lately I've enjoyed an awesome piece of chocolate cake as a dessert while on a date with Marc. It looked very good and tastes fantastic. An idea was born; this is what I wanted to make for my own birthdaycake. But since not everyone likes chocolate as much as I do (serious!) I came up with a red fruit and a yellow fruit version too in the following days. And that's how this triplet was born:


The result looks quite nice, but it didn't go smoothly. Don't think I whip these cakes up without trouble; I got some trouble on the way too... These were the little dissasters I met while making the dome cakes:
* the cream didn't get stiff
* the bavaroismix got too stiff because I substituted water for strawberry fruitspread
* the jelly got too thick too soon, so didn't spread well over the cake
* the ganache was still too warm when I poured it over the chocolate mousse dome (aka mousse melts)
* I didn't make enough strawberry bavarois, so I instantly had to whip up another portion
Anyway, enough to learn from for a next time!

And the taste? Oh my, I don't want to bragg, but it was sooooo gooooood! Imagine soft chocolate biscuit, with layers of Belgian chocolatemousse and a layer of caramel. Covered in pure chocolate ganache... Or vanilla biscuit, with layers of raspberry fruitspread and cherries and fresh strawberries. Covered in strawberry bavarois and raspberryjelly... Or what about the orange biscuit in orange bavarois, with layers of apricot fruitspread. Covered with white chocolate ganache and decorated with slices of peach.

My oh my... I'll definately make this again!

More pictures on my website http://www.bacolientje.nl

1 opmerking:

{ T G L } zei

Those cakes look delicious! Just keep on baking :)

Blessings,
This Good Life

9 maanden banner
9 maanden banner

Volgers