vrijdag 27 februari 2009

Baby cuisine

I’m busy cooking lovely babyfood for Mika. I have this great idea of letting him get used to many different flavours in an early stage. The thing is that I fed Lara only simple things when she was a toddler, like carrots, cauliflower, beans, broccoli, potatoes and fruits. But now she hardly eats any veggies and doesn’t want to try new or different things. Part is due to Marc also being picky with food he doesn’t know. In that way he’s a bad example. So even hiding veggies in a pasta sauce isn’t an option; she doesn’t eat pasta or rice. Just potatoes…
But maybe, when I let Mika get used to different flavours he’ll eat interesting meals with me in the future. That means I don’t have to cook these things just for myself anymore…

So, this morning I prepared squash with mint; will only need a dollop of yoghurt and some cooked pasta. There’s also a pot with chilli con carne (without chilli; does it still count as chilli con carne then?!) in the oven for him. And I just pureed some apples with apricots; that is lovely!
I also have a recipe for a chicken stew tropical-way in mind, but I’ll try that tomorrow.

Yesterday I gave him some spaghetti with a home made tomato sauce (without salt & pepper); he loved every bite of it. And didn’t mind about the little pieces of spaghetti in it! I’m so proud of my little big boy…

Geen opmerkingen:

9 maanden banner
9 maanden banner

Volgers