
He’s so special to me (don’t get me wrong, Lara is special to me too, but this post is about Mika. I’ll write about Lara another time). I loved his birth; intense and quick. He must have thought: “Let’s get this over with; here I am!”. In the first minutes I had to get used again to holding a tiny baby, but I remember I immediately started to comfort him: “Don’t cry, it’s ok.” But besides the “don’t cry” I also thought and communicated to him “Ok, if you want to cry, then cry. It’s gonna be ok, you’ll see! Just let it all out if you feel like it.” He didn’t freak me out, we felt so acquainted. We had a bond from the first moment on. He was my boy, my baby, my babyboy!

The months after his birth I often looked at him and got shocked, delighted and amazed at how much he looked like me. As if I was looking at my mirror image! I’m in love with his big blue eyes. My eyes, Marc’s long eyelashes. Our boy, our baby, our babyboy.

Mika is a friendly character. He’s a happy boy, as long as his tummy is filled with food. If he gets hungry he’s not so friendly and definitely not happy! It took us awhile to figure that out and even more time to figure out how much food would be enough to make him happy and friendly again. Let me tell you; he needs a lot of food!

Often Mika is a smudgy boy. It’s hard to keep this child clean. In the first months he threw up a lot. And I mean A LOT, not just a mouth full. When he started eating more than just milk the throwing up got less, but the stains became more intense in color, shape and size. And since he’s eating by himself there is no end to the stains in his clothes, the smears on his face and the left overs between his fingers and in his ears. But boy, does he love his candy and meals!

I love the way he explores the world. He dares a lot, but often he comes crawling to me, so he can check things out within the safety of his mommies arms. Then he heads out again. He’s a real boy; climbing on everything that’s higher than the ground he’s on. And if possible tumbling, head first, down again. Just to get up and do it all over again. When he was about three months old he eagerly looked at his sister’s just-before-bedtime-ritual of jumping and wrestling on our big bed. You could tell he just couldn’t wait till he could join the party!

At this moment Mika is busy learning to talk. He loves pointing out things and naming them. A lot of it is understandable for us yet! Mostly it’s the one-syllable words; ball, star, moon. But with the longer words he picks up the rhythm and tone very quickly. His eagerness in practicing his words is so adoring!
But besides the words he has his own sign language. He signs when he’s done eating or when he has finished something. But he also has a sign for something that’s hot or cold. And the body language he uses if he wants to eat or drink something that isn’t his just makes you melt instantly. I’ll have to capture it all on video, ‘cause it’s too cute.

With all these things he often makes me laugh and I certainly can say that he is a funny boy. Just the way he is. He’s not out to making you laugh, he just makes you laugh by being the way he is.
My babyboy.



Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten